Data scientist is a brand-new profession, hence there is no definitive job description of it. What is more, their everyday task is constantly evolving as an immediate reaction to the needs of the market.
The job of a data scientist is multidisciplinary.
A data scientist has the following key competences and skills:
A data scientist can be expected to accomplish the following tasks:
- data mining or extraction of usable data
- using machine learning tools to select features, create and optimize classifiers
- enhancing data collection procedures
- preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- data processing, cleansing and validating
- analyzing data in order to find patterns
- working together with experts of both IT and business, and understanding the problems and needs of both fields.
- developing prediction systems and machine learning algorithms
Projects need the expertise of a data scientist in the following cases:
- they incorporate tasks that require one to manage huge amount of data and solve complex issues
- they value data, the aim of the project is to get valuable information out of a massive amount of data, which is often unstructured as well
- they seek novel and creative solutions
Important data science tools:
- Feature Labs
- AWS Lambda
- Apache Giraph
- Power BI
Our Text Analytics Solutions are gathered in the TAS Platform.